Microsoft is an American Multinational Company. It provides computer software, consumer electronics, PCs and related services. Its popular software products are Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Edge. Some of its hardware products are Xbox Gaming Consoles and Microsoft Surface (touchscreen laptops).
Some of its crucial acquisitions:
1. GitHub for $7.5 billion
2. LinkedIn for $26.2 billion
3. Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion
4. Skype for $8.5 billion
5. Yammer for $1.2 billion
6. Nokia Devices and Services for $7.2 billion, but later they discontinued their Windows Nokia devices.
7. Nuance Communications for $16 billion
Microsoft Product & Services with time:
- 1972–1985: Founding
- 1985–1994: Windows and Office
- 1995–2007: Foray into the Web, Windows 95, Windows XP, and 1st Xbox
- 2007–2011: Microsoft Azure, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Microsoft Stores
- 2011–2014: Windows 8/8.1, Xbox One, Outlook.com, and Surface Laptop devices
- 2014–2020: Windows 10, Microsoft Edge, Nokia acquisition and HoloLens
- 2020–2022: Acquisition of Activision, Xbox Series X/S, and Windows 11
- Software Engineering (Software Engineer) – this is the most common profile. The primary focus could be on the end-to-end design, build, and test the product/service to be threat free.
- Product Design – I believe they are a kind of UX designer/developer
- Product Management – for e.g, Principal PM Manager, product management lead to drive the strategy, roadmap, and execution for multiple new services offering products
- Site Reliability Engineering – They design, write and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of your services
- Technical Program Management – for e.g Technical Security Program Manager, providing high-quality endpoint protection for their services.
How to Apply in Microsoft
Myself Bharath Choudhary, software developer at Oracle.
2021 NIT Warangal graduate.
Saturday – Sunday
10 AM – 5 PM